Tuesday, September 27, 2005

And Now, Jacki

It's done.

I've finally finished the first draft. About time. I'm going to go to bed early tonight, and sleep like I've never slept before. That's a lie, I'll probably be up all night editing, but I can rest knowing that the hard part is over. The story is written. Now I have to sell it. In a couple of weeks, jsut after my birthday, I'll be getting my contract. Needless to say, I'll be having my lawyer look over it with a fine tooth comb. I'm young, but mama ain't dumb.

I was in my vibe zone tonight. I had Juelz Santana on full blast (I do my best writing when From Me To You is on), cut the lights down, turned off the phone and got to it. Two and a half hours later, I was done. Of course, I've got to go through a rather vigorous editing process, but in the end, it's all worth it. I swear to everything I love, if there is one error, I am going to throw a royal hissy fit.

I can stretch right now, and move away from the computer. I've been glued in front of my PC (I really need to upgrade, Dell is looking mighty good right now) for weeks, banging out this book. Sleepy sleepy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

MusixZone Harlem: Diary of a Summer
Listen to this album
Listen : Jim Jones , Harlem: Diary of a Summer
Free Guestmap from Bravenet.com Free Guestmap from Bravenet.com

Now I lay me down to sleep, I pray the Lord my soul to keep. If I should die before I wake, I pray the Lord my soul to take and may this song play all the way, through. And if it skip a beat, hit repeat, this the realest shit I ever wrote, this is me. If it skip a beat, hit repeat, This the realest shit I ever wrote, this is me. -Juelz Sanatana, This Is Me, What The Game's Been Missing