Sunday, November 20, 2005

777-9311

I'm finding that I'm enjoying being on the phone these days. I've never been a phone person, people call me up and have nothing to say. I hate that. Why did you bother? Contrary to popular opinion I do have a life. But then certain other people call and there seems like there's no end to the things you talk about. Things like Samuel L. Jackson and Bruce Willis. And Sly Stallone and Wesley Snipes. Just things.

*Long Sidebar: There is so much crap going on in the News today, its ridiculous. I'm watching CNN right now and it boggles the mind that the human race has evolved as far as it has. We find ever creative ways of being stupid.
  • Gainesville, Georgia -- A 37-year-old woman was charged with child molestation after being accused of having a sexual relationship with a 15-year-old boy whom she married last week. You have got to be freakin kiddin me. They're trying to get a sympathy vote for her because he's pregnant. Now has anyone else noticed that whenever a dude does this kind of crap, she's automatically a pig, a dog, a rapist, and every other name in the book. He's placed under arrest, his computers are seized, he's fired or placed on indefinite leave and scorned by his whole community. And yet this broad has people fighting for her. I don't give a hot rat's ass if she's pregnant. It's f*cking rape no matter how you slice it. "Oh no, its child molestation." Goddamn it, if he's a minor and she's not, its not a goddamn consensual relationship. Its rape. Whew. Let me calm down. And since no real 15 year old knows a damn thing about taking care of a baby it should be endagering the welfare of a child.
  • New York -- Finding affordable housing in New York is hard enough for most, but victims of Hurricane Katrina are facing eviction from hotels and may end up ringing in the New Year in the city's homeless shelters. That prospect led to shouting, anger and disgust at a meeting on Friday where officials took questions about the Federal Emergency Management Agency's decision to stop paying for hotel rooms beyond December 1 for those stranded by Katrina. Now I am not going to say a word about this, because I'm sure it would be taken the wrong way and make me sound like I have less of a heart that ya'll already think I have. What I am going to say is haven't these victims been tossed around enough? If the war effort nets a bill of $7 billion dollars a day, where is the money for FEMA to help these people out? Now according to my girl Mo, the destruction isn't as bad as the media plays it up to be. It's bad, but there are places that weren't that badly damaged. But what of the people whose homes are totally destroyed? The Shelter system is far from desirable, let me tell you. I live here. When homeless folks would rather sleep in the freezing cold than in a shelter, what does that say?
  • Tacoma, Wash. -- A gunman opened fire inside a busy shopping mall Sunday, wounding at least six people and taking three others hostage in a music store before he surrendered to a SWAT team, authorities said. Yeah. So you really had nothing else to do I see. You could have watched the- oh I get it. He was so depressed over the Redskins loss to the Raiders. Duh right? Makes sense now.
  • Mobile, Ala. -- Three-quarters of Alabama residents back the governor's call for a travel boycott of Aruba to protest the island's handling of the disappearance of teenager Natalee Holloway. The poll, conducted by the Mobile Register and University of South Alabama and released Sunday, also found that seven out of 10 respondents would not travel to the Caribbean island even if they won a free trip. Hmm. I wonder if her disappearance would have mattered had she been black.
  • Washington -- The U.S. is unprepared for the next flu pandemic, lacking the manufacturing capacity to provide 300 million doses of a vaccine for three to five more years, Health and Human Services Secretary Mike Leavitt. "What we all learned from (Hurricane) Katrina is that sometimes we have to think very clearly about the unthinkable," Leavitt said. "We're not as prepared as we need to be...We will not have enough for everyone." Riiiight. So I'm assuming there was a difference with the lack of Flu meds last years, the West Nile Virus the year before that or the Anthrax scare the year before that. Keep trying to scare folks into thinking the world is going to end. Just be real with them. We're unprepared. We don't have enough for everyone, there is a chance that some of you may die. That I can handle. I'm not going to be the one rocking back and forth in my living room, widows and doors sealed with masking tape, hands encased in latex gloves, afraid to breathe for fear of catching the deadly avian flu. Be serious. And another thing. How can you compare the Hurricane to the Bird Flu? I suppose as soon as a few Americans drop dead then folks will have something else to blame on Bush.
  • Washington -- The FDA wants condom packages to warn that condoms are less effective at stopping some sexually transmitted diseases, such as herpes and human papilloma virus, than others. I don't even know where to begin with this one. You need the FDA to tell you that? You don't watch the specials they have on TLC and Discovery and all that? You don't pick up them flyers when you're in the doc's office getting your check up? Ain't no damn condom gone save your ass from herpes. It doesn't just sit on the genitals. It spreads throughout the crotch area. So you do the mattress mambo long enough and you'll be at risk. Same with warts. People don't take care of themselves sexually these days. Pick up a pamphlet and arm yourself with knowledge.
*Sigh* I'd rather be on the phone discussing Poe's Angels with Batman. I was laughing my ass off when I thought about that. I'm not going to say what I was thinking at the moment because it would be totally inappropriate. The only thing I've read by Juel is posted and I haven't seen anything else. That piece I did like. I was hoping she would put more up and if she has I might have missed it. But I do know I want to meet her because she seems pretty cool.
I'm strongly debating the Book Fair. I don't know, it just seems to have lost its luster for me. If I were feeling better, maybe. I've been so down lately, it seems like there's not really much to smile about. That's of course because I don't get excited about things (I'd rather be lack luster than disappointed in the end) but it just doesn't seem like anything big anymore. I don't know. Maybe its the SAD. Shrugs.
Went shopping the other day. Stepped foot in Rainbow and look; three hundred dollars gone in twenty minutes. When you don't go expensive namebrand, its amazing how much money you save. I bought two pair of jeans, two sweatsuits, four shirts, a sweater, socks, a bunch of bras and panties, sunglasses (WTF?), a pair of boots and two books. All for about three thirty. If I were up in Jimmy Jazz, the jeans alone would have set me back about a buck. I didn't even get a pair of kicks. I'm going for them on Wednesday. I'm not interested in sneakers but I can't get anymore shoes right now. I'm on probation. :(
I bought True To The Game for my baby brother and Exclusive. Its already sucking. The main character is so damn immature and stupid and the writing is weak at best. I usually finish a book by now but I figure I can read it on the train to Long Island. Its moving so slow and her writing is so bad. I'm like I spent twelve on this sh*t? I could've gotten a wash and set for that much. Just like Bling. Yawn. Speaking of, I need to make an appointment for the hair salon.
(@ Mo, I'm posting Ain't Gold on Tuesday before I leave for my bro's house. Did you see Desperate Housewives tonight? WTF is really hood with George???)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

MusixZone Harlem: Diary of a Summer
Listen to this album
Listen : Jim Jones , Harlem: Diary of a Summer
Free Guestmap from Bravenet.com Free Guestmap from Bravenet.com

Now I lay me down to sleep, I pray the Lord my soul to keep. If I should die before I wake, I pray the Lord my soul to take and may this song play all the way, through. And if it skip a beat, hit repeat, this the realest shit I ever wrote, this is me. If it skip a beat, hit repeat, This the realest shit I ever wrote, this is me. -Juelz Sanatana, This Is Me, What The Game's Been Missing