Thursday, November 03, 2005

I Liked It-Part One

I've been watching movies all day.
Presently, I'm watching the end of Big Fish. Love that movie. Before that was Collateral and before that was Pirates of the Caribbean. Was I the only person who thought Collateral was hot? I was stuck to the screen from start to finish when I saw that in the theater. It was dark, it was fast, it was different. I've never seen anything like that and I am a big fan of creativity and originality. I was supposed to watch Traffic but I got caught up making dinner. I hear it's very good.
There seem to be quite a few movies I like that no one else did. Face/Off in particular. Why is it that people read so much into those summer movies? The last thing I want to do on a hot summer day in a theater is think. I want explosions, car chases, car crashes, and an implausible plot. Something like Bad Boys 2. I loved that movie. It was everything I look for in a summer movie. Other of my favorite summer movies include:
Mr. and Mrs. Smith: Brad Pitt and Anjelina Jolie kicked ass in this flick. Brad Pitt is one of my favorite actors anyway. And if I were a guy I would totally do Anjelina Jolie. Explosions, guns, car crashes, what more could one ask for? Watched it a total of eight times this summer. And how could I forget Vince Vaughn. I love him. He had me dying. ("Ma! I could've killed you!")
S.W.A.T.: I love Colin Farrell. He's cool. I thought Phone Booth Was cute. Yet another summer movie. I didn't have a clue who the voice was until the end. They got me good. Sammy Jackson (not going to say a word about him) lent his "talents." As did Michelle Rodriguez. She is the one person I wouldn't want to fight in high school. She could kick my ass hands down. And that's an accomplishment.
2 Fast 2 Furious: Paul Walker and Tyrese made a cool duo in this surfer dude movie. Car chases, car crashes, shit I wanted to be a drag racer after I saw this. Eva Mendes never really did anything for me but that affirmative action is a bitch.
Out of Time: Any movie starring Denzel is an automatic good one. But this actually turned out to be one hell of a summer movie. It did involve thinking, something I was not too happy about, but it was thinking in a good way. I almost peed on myself every time he got cornered. Once again, that Eva Mendes...
I, Robot: Yet another explosive summer flick from the King of Summer Flicks, Will Smith. Ain't he handsome? As a matter of fact, this was one of the better summer movies I've seen. It did involve a little bit of thought toward the end. Unless you were paying rapt attention from the very beginning. (For ya'll who saw it, yes I'm talking about VIKI) Remember Corey from Boy Meets World? "Stop cussin and go home!"
Team America World Police: Hands down the funniest movie of 2005. Or 2004. Or whnever it came out. F*ck what you heard. I was dying when I saw that. In addition to them having the best theme song ever, there is also the wildest dialogue of any comedic movie. Just plain straight up stupid. ("I'll make love to you right now if you promise me you won't die.") Can you be serious for one minute? Not watching this you can't. Wear a pamper.
Ocean's Eleven/Twelve: Loved loved loved the both of them. Perfect cast, perfect dialogue, everything was perfect for me. Now more than one person I spoke to told me that they enjoyed the first one far more than the second. Please give me one good reason why they weren't equally as good and I'll give you a twenty. (Okay I won't but humor me.)
Hitch: Had me dying from start to finish. ("But you're never gonna know that.") Albert Brennaman (played by the husband from King of Queens, can't really remember his name) had me wiping my eyes for like twenty minutes straight. It was bad. And yet again, with the Eva Mendes thing. Why do we keep giving her jobs? The Benadryl was it for me. I couldn't take it anymore. I haven't laughed that long in quite a while.
I'm sure there are plenty more that need to be added to this list but I can't think of them right now and I am not going to sit up trying. (Swordfish) Bottom line, folks have got to stop looking for good quality summer movies. (Johnny English) You just want to be entertained during the summer. (Madagascar, Finding Nemo, Shrek 1/2, Monsters, Inc., Toy Story 1/2, Lilo and Stitch, yes I am a freak for the kiddy movies) It's winter now and the really thought-provoking powerful movies can start coming out. You know, the real Oscar winners. I'll have that list up tomorrow.

1 Comments:

Blogger PEPSI LOVER said...

u are correct on the movie list... i never was a fan of Eva either!!

5:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

MusixZone Harlem: Diary of a Summer
Listen to this album
Listen : Jim Jones , Harlem: Diary of a Summer
Free Guestmap from Bravenet.com Free Guestmap from Bravenet.com

Now I lay me down to sleep, I pray the Lord my soul to keep. If I should die before I wake, I pray the Lord my soul to take and may this song play all the way, through. And if it skip a beat, hit repeat, this the realest shit I ever wrote, this is me. If it skip a beat, hit repeat, This the realest shit I ever wrote, this is me. -Juelz Sanatana, This Is Me, What The Game's Been Missing