Thursday, December 22, 2005

Heavy Rotation

I've had a few albums continuously banging in my ears for the past few days, you know, the ones that keep you going? I feel like sharing.
The Who - Without a doubt one of rock's greatest bands. Right next to Aerosmith. I had this jamming in my ears and it got me through the first stretch of walk during the strike. (Which is over by the way!! We get out busses back this weekend!! Halle-motherf*cking-lujah!)
Juelz Sanatana - Technically I have to support him because he used to live a few blocks away from me and he's my homie. But I like the kid. He's got a good flow and when I turn him up real loud, the white folks move away from me on the train, therefore meaning I can enforce my at-least-ten-feet-of-personal-space law.
Jim Jones - He reps Harlem hard and I like that. I love listening to his songs and hearing about my city, my town. Seventh, Lenox and what about the East Side? Hell Barrio, we blowin smoke while we G ride. Washington Heights, dimelo tato, you know. Todo bien tato capo uh oh. I feel you bruh. I know there the Heights are, I know Lenox, I know Seventh. Rodeo Drive? Crenshaw? Who?
Amerie - I love this girl. What can I say about her. I was so happy she got the Entertainer of the Year award because she deserved it. She didn't have to pimp herself, sell out, make perfume, or anything corny or cliche. She did her thing and this album is the jumpoff. She got me through the last part of the walk. Plus, she takes away from the hip hop edge in the morning. :)
Now, I have Mary's new joint and I'm going to listen to it tonight when I'm in the laundromat. I'm going to my mama's job to cut a fool and get my tattoo tomorrow. So I'll se ya'll then.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

MusixZone Harlem: Diary of a Summer
Listen to this album
Listen : Jim Jones , Harlem: Diary of a Summer
Free Guestmap from Bravenet.com Free Guestmap from Bravenet.com

Now I lay me down to sleep, I pray the Lord my soul to keep. If I should die before I wake, I pray the Lord my soul to take and may this song play all the way, through. And if it skip a beat, hit repeat, this the realest shit I ever wrote, this is me. If it skip a beat, hit repeat, This the realest shit I ever wrote, this is me. -Juelz Sanatana, This Is Me, What The Game's Been Missing