Sunday, February 12, 2006

American Psycho



So I was in Barnes and Noble last week with Mama and I've just been dying to read this book. I finally picked it up and I swear on the way home I kept looking in the bag to makes sure it was safe. I am so glad I did.
By far, one of the best books I have ever read in life. I am going to be on the lookout for the rest of his books as soon as I get back in the bookstore. Freakin awesome. It was disgustingly grotesque, yet at the same time virulently intriguing. (That's my new word. :) I wanted so much to push it away from me and scream Get Behind Me Satan! But I couldn't pry it away from my fingers. I'm more than sure a couple of those moves he stole from me...
It was horrifying and hysterical, and there are times I was on the train reading it where people would take one look at the cover and shake their heads like how can she laugh? Well, sarcasm is my favorite kind of humor and let me tell you there is a lot of it in there. It's an excellent book, a true masterpiece and I am sure I will be hard pressed to read something that good for years to come. (Mr. Patterson, this has nothing to do with our relationship. What we have no other book can put asunder. I will always love you, you will always be my favorite.)
And yes, it had something to do with the cover. I fell in love from the moment I first saw it. I love that cover. Trust me, the original was a total dud.

Oh, remind me to get Bonfire of the Vanities next time I'm in there...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

MusixZone Harlem: Diary of a Summer
Listen to this album
Listen : Jim Jones , Harlem: Diary of a Summer
Free Guestmap from Bravenet.com Free Guestmap from Bravenet.com

Now I lay me down to sleep, I pray the Lord my soul to keep. If I should die before I wake, I pray the Lord my soul to take and may this song play all the way, through. And if it skip a beat, hit repeat, this the realest shit I ever wrote, this is me. If it skip a beat, hit repeat, This the realest shit I ever wrote, this is me. -Juelz Sanatana, This Is Me, What The Game's Been Missing