Friday, November 11, 2005

Let's Be Real

I've decided to do a weekly post called Let's Be Real. I've found it necessary (as I always do) to throw my two cents into everything going on these days. Since I express myself better in writing, I think a post would be far more appropriate. This is one of many touchy topics I will be discussing in the weekly Let's Be Real post.

Today's Topic: Gay Americans
(Before I continue, Treyvon, Denaisha and Jamal, I love ya'll no matter what I say. These comments are not made to offend you and you know you will always have a special place in my heart.)
I begin by saying that I do not agree with the homosexual lifestyle. Partly because of how I was raised, partly because of my own personal non-religious beliefs. I was raised believing the words of the Bible. When the topic of homosexuality was brought up, you were directed to the Scripture. (Please turn in your Bible's with me, brother's and sister's, to 1 Corithians 6: 9, 10. *Smilez*) In paraphrase it says "...Men who lie with men (or women)...will not inherit God's kingdom." So growing up, that's what I was taught. And it stayed.
Being gay is nothing new. They were talking about that life in the Bible and that was centuries ago. People kept their mouths shut in order to keep living. They knew how they would be received. They knew what the risks were of telling their business. And then the times came where Boy George and George Michael and Elton John made it "cool" to be gay. All of a sudden there was an explosion as people rushed to come out of the closet.
What I don't get about that is why your sexual orientation is anybody's business. Do you see straight women running the street's saying "I sleep with men and I'm proud!" NO! So why do gay people feel the need to disclose that kind of personal information?
I am not glorifying violence of any kind toward anyone who engages in homosexual behavior. I'm cruel but not that cruel. But you cannot expect people to accept something as unnatural as the bond of two men or women. It is just never going to happen. This country was built by Christians (the pilgrim's, not the slaves but that's another story) who are devout Bible readers and followers. That's just how it be's. No President is going to enforce the gay marriage law so just let it go. As long as Bush is in office you can forget it. Any church going President for that matter.
I'm not saying its right, but there are reasons you can't go to the Islands and say hey I'm gay! It's intolerable and unacceptable. It's morally wrong and its disgusting. But since you can't tell someone how to live their life, you have no choice but to turn your head and pretend you didn't see it. If that's what you want to be, fine, knock yourself out. But don't try to force people to accept the lifestyle.
All the TV shows (Let me not lie and say I don't watch Will and Grace), the PDA's (public display's of affection) and the media coverage is going way too far. Enough is enough. The more you shove something down someone's throat, the more likely it is that their gag reflex will kick in and they will throw it back up. It's not now not ever going to be worldwide accepted.
What happened to keeping your business behind closed doors? Why do you need to "come out of the closet?" You don't! Realize that no one cares! The less people know about you the less likely you are to have a hard time trying to succeed. As far as I'm concerned, when people do things that other's will not agree with, they keep it behind closed doors. Murderers don't run the streets holding bloody knives, rapists don't advertise their filthy sexcapades, child molesters don't take out ads in the paper. Keep that kind of thing to yourself.
50 Cent recently said "...There's no place for gay men in rap becasue the genre is too aggressive for homosexuals...Being gay isn't cool- it's not what the music is based on. There's always been conflict at the center of hop-hop, because it's all about which guy has the competitive edge, and you can't be that aggressive if you're gay."
At first I agreed with this statement. Then I didn't. Now I'm not sure. I'm stuck in the middle somewhere. I know quite a few gay guys. Now the ones that are ready to burst onto flames are the ones I would compare with this statement. But there are others who wouldn't know if they didn't tell you. One of my best friends (holla Mitch) look just like any red blooded thug out there. And if he went to Interscope right now I bet he'd have a platinum album out by the end of the year. Proving that your sexuality has nothing to do with it. (Rap isn't even about talent these days so whatever is out on the radio is pure garbage.)
Now these days I have molded my thinking into something I think is quite mature. I tend to look to the Bible and my God for the answers I seek. Which is what brings me to my conclusion about gay people. As far as the Bible, it does say sinners will not inherit the kingdom. But if you look a little closer it also says "Let he who is guilty cast the first stone." Whoever among us that is sinless is more than welcome to judge everyone else. Since there is no such person, why have so much to say?
You've heard my religious beliefs. My personal beliefs are as follows. I have more than one gay friend/relative. I would never love them any less because of who they choose to sleep with. (The Bible also says drunkards will not inherit the kingdom and anybody who knows me knows I don't go anywhere without a glass in one hand and a bottle in the other *smilez*) What you do on your own time is your business. Your sexuality has nothing to do with your personality. Who you are is not defined by who you bang. It's not cool, but it's you. Whatever floats your boat puts wind in my sails. Do you and let whoever you pray to judge you, not any other red blooded human.
I hope that made sense. Hi Bats. Call me when you get a chance.

So I watched Goodfellas last night. In a word, dope. I knew it was going to be good. Come on, it's Ray Liotta and Robert DeNiro. Loved it from start to finish. Now the part when she had the gun in his face I have to say I was rooting for her to pull the trigger. I've been cheated on by boyfriends, yes. But banging someone who is not your wife is definitely grounds for murder. I take those vows very seriously. When they say 'til death do us part' trust me when I say I take that literally. So play me if you wanna. :)
I need to go shoe shopping. Tell me those ain't hot? http://www.zappos.com/n/p/dp/9191640/c/6.html. Go head and say they aren't?
I have baking to do. I'll be back.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

MusixZone Harlem: Diary of a Summer
Listen to this album
Listen : Jim Jones , Harlem: Diary of a Summer
Free Guestmap from Bravenet.com Free Guestmap from Bravenet.com

Now I lay me down to sleep, I pray the Lord my soul to keep. If I should die before I wake, I pray the Lord my soul to take and may this song play all the way, through. And if it skip a beat, hit repeat, this the realest shit I ever wrote, this is me. If it skip a beat, hit repeat, This the realest shit I ever wrote, this is me. -Juelz Sanatana, This Is Me, What The Game's Been Missing