Wednesday, November 09, 2005

I Know You Like My Style

I took a personality test the other day. According to them, I'm an extreme A-Type. I couldn't really disagree with the results so I guess they were right. I took another one this morning to compare it. Here's the results. I deleted the lines that I didn't agree with.

(my type) The Asserter (the Eight)
Asserters are direct, self-reliant, self-confident, and protective.

How To Get Along With Me
-Stand up for yourself... and me. (hold me down, I think they meant)
-Be confident, strong, and direct.
-Don't gossip about me or betray my trust.
-Give me space to be alone.
-Acknowledge the contributions I make, but don't flatter me.
-I often speak in an assertive way. Don't automatically assume it's a personal attack.
-When I scream, curse, and stomp around, try to remember that's just the way I am.
What I Like About Being a Eight
-being independent and self-reliant
-being able to take charge and meet challenges head on
-being courageous, straightforward, and honest
-getting all the enjoyment I can out of life
-supporting, empowering, and protecting those close to me
What's Hard About Being a Eight
-overwhelming people with my bluntness; scaring them away when I don't intend to
-being restless and impatient with others' incompetence
-never forgetting injuries or injustices
-putting too much pressure on myself
-getting high blood pressure when people don't obey the rules or when things don't go right (I don't know about high blood pressure. I'm like 117/25 or something)
Eights as Children Often
-are independent; have an inner strength and a fighting spirit
-are sometimes loners
-seize control so they won't be controlled
-figure out others' weaknesses
-attack verbally or physically when provoked

This is pretty much right on point. Attack verbally and/or physically when provoked, sounds like me. I still do it though, not just as a kid. I'm still a loner too. How to get along with me was on point. I hate a gossipy backstabber. You have something to say, I have a face. Say what you have to say to me. And Lord do I need my space! I hate being suffocated. When I scream curse and stomp around (this had me rolling) remember that's the way I am. That is the way I am. I mean, I know how to have a civil conversation, but every now and then I need to vent my way.

Being restless and impatient with others' incompetence. Sounds like me. If you can't do the job, please back out of the way and let a professional handle it. Don't waste my time or yours, but more importantly mine. That was fun.

I went to bed last night at...three on the dot I think. I don't even know why I'm up. I was supposed to go to work (as you can see that didn't happen) and this being awake in the morning is killing me. I don't even remember the last time I saw the sun.

I saw Secret Window last night. I was dying to see it when it came out and never quite got around to it. Knocked me out. I loved it. (Of course, 50% acting, 50% Johnny Depp). It was Stephen King interestingly enough. The guy does wonders with suspense. I saw The Shining recently for the first time (am I the only one who kept hoping he would kill the kid?) and thought it was very good.

I'm bored. And tired. And since I need to make one Batman reference per post, hey babe. Cuz you know he sat here last night on the phone and went back to like October looking for mentions of himself. He grilled me about why he wasn't on the revised list of men I thought were good looking. Then he proceeded to point out all of my typo's. *Laughing* One of these days I'll go back and fix them up. There's quite a few, now that I notice it. If I'm woken up later, I'll post the List of People Who Scream Their Own Names in Bed. I said I was bored.

1 Comments:

Blogger PEPSI LOVER said...

About the cursor .. you need to add it in your template at the end.. there should be a part in it that has < P> or a < div >. add your cursor code there .. then do a preview...always do a preview. if it doesnt work close out and select clear edits. then try another spot. different templates let you do different things... try also adding it in the sidebar..
last but not least.. i must stand up and cheer for you... you talked about my favorite author of all time Stephen King. I own all books and movies (even if they suck). I went to a reading that he had on base in Naples Italy a while back... i shook his hand and darn near fainted... i brought all my books to be signed.. he actually laughed at me... then there is James Patterson (Kiss the Girls, Along Came a Spider, Big Bad Wolf, ect ... this man is great... had me at the jump), Anne Rice ( all books even her erotica ..which if you never read is wrong...go buy it) , Patricia Cornwell (hey she is awesome)... LOL i am sure i bored you to death but I noticed you was a writer. Hmmmm I do hope the cursor thing works for you ... take care God bless ...

6:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

MusixZone Harlem: Diary of a Summer
Listen to this album
Listen : Jim Jones , Harlem: Diary of a Summer
Free Guestmap from Bravenet.com Free Guestmap from Bravenet.com

Now I lay me down to sleep, I pray the Lord my soul to keep. If I should die before I wake, I pray the Lord my soul to take and may this song play all the way, through. And if it skip a beat, hit repeat, this the realest shit I ever wrote, this is me. If it skip a beat, hit repeat, This the realest shit I ever wrote, this is me. -Juelz Sanatana, This Is Me, What The Game's Been Missing