Sunday, November 06, 2005

Whatcha Need

I'm getting down on some Boys II Men right now like it ain't nobody's business. I don't quite have a favorite song from Full Circle yet, the entire album is just that damn good to me. Whatcha Need is slowly getting there though, right next to Howz About It. I think my favorite is That's Why I Love You. Everytime I play this album, I have that song on repeat.
Speaking of repeat, finally found my Mobb Deep album. I had "Hey Luv" (the one they did with 112) on for like an hour. I killed to hear that song when it came out. Nearly tripped and broke my neck getting to the radio to turn it up. It was so soft and smooth and the beat was dope. I was still in love with Da Twelve back then so that was a big plus.
Anyway, getting back to BIIM (or Noyz II Men as my hating girlfriend likes to call them) I have discovered recently that they are my favorite male group. I don't have to skip any songs on any of their albums. Except I'll Make Love To You. I think I'm one of the only people on the planet who doesn't like that song, but I don't mind being lonely. First of all I hate the phrase "make love". I don't know why. It just does to me the same thing a fork on a plate does to my fillings. And then it's like they're whining the entire time. If she's going to give it to you, WTF are you begging for?
Right now I'm blasting Lil' Mo's Forever. I love that song. It sums up just about everything I would feel when I was ready for marriage.
That's off. Now I'm on Bob James Westchester Lady. What ya'll know about that?
And now it's Stanley Jordan's Lady In My Life. The last time I heard this song, we were on our way home from Ikea. It was on this bangin jazz mixtape he'd made. My dad used to play that whenver we came home from somewhere in the car, so hearing that just brings back memories. Sigh. Good times, good times.
I asked my ma about this the other day and she looked at me funny and said no. Question: Is there an artist you aren't particularly fond of that happened to come out with one hot song that you can't get out of your head? I have to raise my hand and say yes. I'm not much of a Marques Houston fan, but I've been playing Naked like there is no tomorrow. Same for T.Error Marie. (I got that from Fresh over at
http://www.crunktastical.blogspot.com. She cracks me up. I'm on her site everyday.) Anyway, she has this one song on an otherwise weak album called MVP. It's the only one I listen to (that's a lie, I happen to think La La is cute) and it's dope.
My music is one of the main things that motivates me to write. Besides my Muse (you know who you are) I wouldn't really be able to bang on a keyboard all day. I'd have given up long ago.
Speaking of, the Block has been lifted. I need to get back to writing. I'll have up 25 Reason's Why BET Is Trippin tomorrow. Cuz that original list has got to be twenty-five typos long....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

MusixZone Harlem: Diary of a Summer
Listen to this album
Listen : Jim Jones , Harlem: Diary of a Summer
Free Guestmap from Bravenet.com Free Guestmap from Bravenet.com

Now I lay me down to sleep, I pray the Lord my soul to keep. If I should die before I wake, I pray the Lord my soul to take and may this song play all the way, through. And if it skip a beat, hit repeat, this the realest shit I ever wrote, this is me. If it skip a beat, hit repeat, This the realest shit I ever wrote, this is me. -Juelz Sanatana, This Is Me, What The Game's Been Missing