Monday, October 24, 2005

More Miscellaneous Thoughts

I'm in the zone right now.
I'm over here jamming to OutKast's "Speakerboxxx/The Love Below" album. More specifically "She Lives In My Lap" on the Love Below side. I can't get that song out of my head.

Is it me or has Babyface not now nor ever been babyfaced? He looked young before, not babyfaced. And he's not that attractive either, but that's a different topic for a different time. Face2Face was my shyt when it came out. Still is. "Her eyes, her smile her skin her smell her hair, she's incredible baby...Her walk, her talk, her way, her savoir faire...There she goes..."

I must say I was not moved by the "Emancipation of Mimi." I really think she's lost it. Everyone is still on that bandwagon, but I jumped off long ago. After Glitter, that was it for me. If Mariah would stop trying to compete with these kids (cough cough...Ashanti...cough) she would sound like something.

I visited a fellow author's (http://www.lexidavis.com) website the other day. Homegirl knows she has a fan in me. I was halfway into the synopsis of her new book when the sounds of Cameo's "Candy" flooded through my speakers. I was up and out of my seat like a fool at ten after three in the morning. I clicked refresh about five or six times before I was too tired to dance anymore. I now visit her site on a daily basis to get my Candy fix.

Anyone who knows me know I'm not a huge fan of R. Kelly's. (And this was way before the alleged child boinking incident.) But now that I have flipped on TP-2, in my humble opinion, it's the best album he ever did. "Three knocks at the door, my baby..." And then Chocolate Factory.

I mentioned this a little while ago on a another board and it seems I'm not alone in noticing. Remember Daria? Doesn't Britney (annoying blonde cheerleader) and Kevin (her jock boyfriend) look an awful lot like Britney (I'm not a girl, not yet a mother) and Kevin (her not a has been but a never was Federline)? Things that make me go hmmm.

Don't ask about the Batgirl. If you don't know, you don't know.

Isn't it one hell of a good feeling when a man hits you up and says he's thinking about you?
Yes it is. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

MusixZone Harlem: Diary of a Summer
Listen to this album
Listen : Jim Jones , Harlem: Diary of a Summer
Free Guestmap from Bravenet.com Free Guestmap from Bravenet.com

Now I lay me down to sleep, I pray the Lord my soul to keep. If I should die before I wake, I pray the Lord my soul to take and may this song play all the way, through. And if it skip a beat, hit repeat, this the realest shit I ever wrote, this is me. If it skip a beat, hit repeat, This the realest shit I ever wrote, this is me. -Juelz Sanatana, This Is Me, What The Game's Been Missing